Baltimore MD Paving Contractor
About Our Company
We’ve been serving the Baltimore MD area since 2000 – this means not only do we have a wealth of experience, but we live in the community that we serve. We are your neighbors and friends.
We are a full-service asphalt contractor, which means from project consultation to installation, we’ve got you covered. Whether you need a small driveway patched up, or an entire asphalt road installed, we’re the Baltimore MD paving contractor to call!
Educational Spotlight | Baltimore MD
Asphalt vs Concrete: The Benefits of Asphalt Paving
When it comes to your home or business’ driveway, you want a beautiful, durable material that lasts. But is concrete or asphalt right for you? Here’s what you need to know:
1) Asphalt and concrete are both made up of sand and crushed stone. The difference is that concrete is held together by cement, while asphalt is made with a petroleum-based binder.
2) Asphalt costs less than concrete, on average.
3) Asphalt is a strong but flexible material that shrinks and expands with the heat and the cold. That means it’s less vulnerable to cracks than concrete.
4) Unlike concrete, it’s easy and affordable to patch and repair asphalt.
5) Concrete has a longer drying and setting time than asphalt, so your driveways, sidewalk, or parking lot will be out of commission for much longer! With newly-installed asphalt, you can drive on it in just 24 hours.